Learn BS 25999 Implementation from Leading Practitioners
BS25999-2:2007 is the new standard for business continuity within organizations. It contains best practice
in developing and implementing a robust business continuity plan. This course will take you from theory to practice, offering the
opportunity to question and pre-plan for business continuity in your own organization using the standard and examples of good practice.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- be aware of the key features and content of BS2599
- understand the differences between BS25999-1 (Code of Practice) and BS25999-2 (Specification), and how to use them to best effect
- understand how to use the standard to support Business continuity planning within their own organization
- be able to develop a BCM system based upon best practice principles and BS25999
- understand the benefits and be aware of some of the pitfalls in Business Continuity management
- be able to weigh up the likely returns from investment in a range of different planning choices
- understand the benefits of accredited certification to BS25999-2:2007, and the value of a BCM system based on a formal standard
- Understand how to achieve accredited certification to BS25999, and the resource requirements
1. Why bother to do BCM?
2. Clarifying the terminology: BCM , DR & Operational risk management
3. Overview of BS25999 and its value for BCM
4. Understanding the organization (BIA)
5. Developing a BCM strategy - resilience and contingency planning
6. Developing the BCM response - Continuity Planning, organization and communications
7. Maintenance, testing and rehearsal
8. Embedding BCM in the culture of the organization
9. Preparing for and achieving BS25999 accredited certification Maximizing your investment
Course Date & Venue
|Date||04-05 Aug 2010|
|Time||9:30am - 5:30pm|
|Venue||Basement 2, The CharterHouse, 209 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai [See Map]|
*i-TotalSecurity reserves the rights to modify the schedule as required.
HK$3,980 per delegate
Early bird price HK$5,680 - Enroll 2 weeks before course commencement.
Mr. Gamin Lou, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, has over 14 years experience
in information systems security governance and practices. Before joining
i-TotalSecurity as a security consultant, he has been working in various
global and local financial institutes and was responsible for managing
overall information security programs, implementing and monitoring perimeter
security and intrusion detection systems, as well as responding to and
investigating security incidents for the organizations.
A pioneer in information systems control and security education and
consultancy who bring the best knowledge, skills and practices to meet
the certification and working needs of individuals and corporations.
Since 1995, our qualified and no-nonsense security specialists are
teaching information security with students from leading corporations,
government and military organizations internationally.
Call us at +852 2965.4445 or e-mail info@i-TotalSecurity.net